A Government entity, with offices situated in the South of Malta, requires a responsible person to assist their Director of Finance with the following duties:
• Recording of financial information on a daily basis;
• Reconcile on a monthly basis all bank and cash movements including Petty Cash to supporting documents and ensuring authorisations, financial transparency and control compliance;
• Maintain accounting databases of key information;
• Provide accounting and financial assistance in closing off the year-end such as the calculation of accruals and prepayments;
• Assist with the preparation of the statutory accounts including the audit – such as end of year reconciliations and confirmation of financial information;
• Ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner Chase debtors for overdue payments.
The ideal candidate must be:
• Proficient in both Maltese and English languages;
• Able to work in a team;
• Have a minimum five (5) passes in the Foundation Level of ACCA qualification OR be in possession of an A Level in Accounts together with a minimum one (1) year relevant experience in an accountancy department.
In return this government entity is offering a starting salary of €19500pa with increments in line with collective agreements in place and a good opportunity for a person to develop their career
You must sign in to apply for this position.