Our client, representatives of a leading Shipping lines calling at Malta, requires a person to assist and support the shipping line managers by preparing and organising all necessary shipping documentation and to undertake all related clerical tasks to ensure accurate and efficient office systems are maintained.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opens import/export voyages.
- Inputs manifests into the computer system.
- Issues manifests for local port authorities.
- Issues/dispatches documents to clients relating to their cargo.
- Working and inputting charges.
- Issues invoices, credit notes and additional invoices after being checked by Superior. .
- Replies and solves any freight related queries.
- Prepared and Issues/dispatches export manifests to Line/Agents as well as the bills of Lading
- Carries out general administrative tasks, such as filing, answering incoming calls, responds to inquiries, updates the systems, etc.,
- Able to work as a member of a team.
- Able to concentrate and not be easily distracted.
- Able to work under pressure, handle tight deadlines
- Must be tactful and courteous in handling colleagues and clients.
- Possess good client communication / customer care skills
- Must be willing to perform extra hours when required, even without notice, particularly according to ship schedules.
- Have fluent English, Maltese and ideally Italian
In return the company is offering a good team atmosphere, excellent working conditions and a highly competitive remuneration package