Our client, a leading transport company, is seeking to recruit a mature, reliable and energetic individual for the following position in the Human Resources - Payroll Department:
• Processing biweekly and monthly payroll in a timely manner using HR software systems;
• Maintaining an updated employee database including updating of sick leave and leave entitlements of all part-time employees;
• Preparing and issuing reports on a regular basis and as required;
• Handling internal and external payroll queries that arise on a daily basis;
• Supporting internal departments namely HR team members and Operations department with any payroll related matters and as required;
• Any other payroll related tasks as required from time to time.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a post-secondary level of education, preferably with a pass in Mathematics;
• Be proficient (verbal & written) in Maltese & English and preferably Italian.
• Have at least one year working experience in a payroll and/or time & attendance position;
• Proficient with Microsoft office and preferably Shireburn and/or payroll software systems;
• Be organised, able to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively;
• Have the ability to work as part of a team;