Our client is a leading Shipping Agency representing some of the best shipping lines calling at Malta, they require an additional person to join their Finance team
Main purpose of the role:
Performs general accounting functions, maintains accounting records and procedures and provides clerical and administrative support for the effective operation of the Finance Department
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the office petty cash payments/reconciliations and maintaining proper records at all times;
- Responsible for all foreign currency cash accounts and ensuring all is in order at all times, providing regular reconciliations in order to ensure tallying of monies in till;
- Maintaining the creditors ledger, posting up all suppliers invoices, reconciling suppliers statement of account and preparing a creditors list on a monthly basis for approval for settlement by the Finance Manager;
- Filing of suppliers’ documents;
- Preparing bank deposits and liaising with the bank on general matters, responsible for effecting swift transfers to suppliers;
- Posting of all office general overheads and providing reports to the Finance Manager on the breakdown summary of such overheads;
- Maintaining the transhipment account, reconciling VGT statements and raising invoices accordingly to the Principals;
- Maintaining bunker vessel accounts and the processing of their disbursement on a timely basis;
- Processing disbursement accounts and performing timely reconciliations of the disbursement account with Principal’s invoice for freight and other charges due;
- Other general departmental duties and ad hoc reports as requested by the Finance manager from time to time.
The ideal person should have the following:
- Must be methodical, accurate and attentive to detail.
- Must be numerally competent
- Have a high level of concentration and not be easily distracted.
- Able to organize and plan work to ensure that priorities and deadlines are met.
- Able to work independently with initiative.
- Must be competent in the use of office computerized systems.