A well-established retail company is looking for an IT Administrator to maintain the company’s various Software applications and Network.
- Installation and maintenance of computer systems and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and networks.
- Carry out monitoring and maintenance of email applications and virus protection software.
- Setting up new users and maintain the company’s security systems.
- Maintaining existing applications and processes for in-house use
- Providing support and training in MS Office applications especially Excel , knowledge of macros would be considered an asset.
- Monitoring the company’s network , setting up new sites and working with providers such as GO.
- Reporting problems to S/W suppliers and resolving issues with S/W and hardware suppliers.
- Previous experience within similar responsibilities
- Studies in IT preferably including an “A” level in IT or Computer Studies.
- Knowledge of IT operating systems and networking , understanding of machine and router settings , maintenance of databases and backing up.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and work on other IT related jobs
- Organizational and time management skills
- Be able to work well in a team, as well as individually, with limited supervision
- Be proactive, work well under pressure and demonstrate attention to detail
- Previous experience in delivering training will be considered an asset
- Some form of experience in coding would be considered an asset.
- Some knowledge or experience in Linux based systems and ACAD would be considered an asset.
- Must be totally trustworthy and responsible , able to become a key holder.
- Preferably possess a driving license and must possess a clean Police conduct.