IT Support Technician
Our client a leading importer/ wholesaler / Retailer require the services of an ICT Support Technician. The ideal candidate must be approachable, with an understanding of, and consideration for IT users. She/he must possess good communication skills, be willing to learn new systems, and capable of working effectively as part of a team, in a high paced environment.
The key roles of the ICT Support Technician will be to:
- Diagnose computer errors and provide technical support.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and network issues.
- Train end-users how to setup and use new technologies.
- Backup and restore an organization's data files and systems.
- Install, configure and upgrade PC software and operating systems.
- Clean and repair computer hardware, such as keyboards and printers.
- Remote IT help desk technicians provide technical support over the phone or Web.
- Remote help desk technicians often use specialized help desk support software to take control of end-user’s computers to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Can perform IMAC (Install, Move, Add and Change) of computer hardware on-site
The ideal candidate should have:
- Diploma or Degree in IT
- Knowledge of a wide range of software and hardware including Microsoft Windows and Office, desktop products including laptops, printers, telephony and CCTV systems
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintains strong attention to detail in high pressure situations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well in a team
- Must be willing to learn & be up to new challenges
- Be proficient in English and Maltese languages
- A clean driving license and owns a car
- The ability to refrain from dispersing confidential information
An attractive remuneration package including mobile ‘phone allowances and other benefits are being offered to the successful applicant.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strictest confidence. Interested persons are encouraged to apply