Our client, a Maltese Co, requires a Procurement Manager for its Dutch Subsidiary a company which is a food and consumer goods wholesaler specializing in supplies for ship chandlers, catering firms and large scale humanitarian and military missions.
Based in Malta the duties will include:
- Assisting the GM to develop a wider portfolio of products catering for the various units / business needs.
- Developing a strategy for procurement of products
- Managing stocks for the units assigned to, ensuring best practice in maintaining adequate stock levels, FIFO, Expiry date monitoring and storage conditions.
- Prospecting, approach and negotiate with prospective suppliers for all areas of business being current or new markets.
- Negotiating and arranging the purchase of products
- Corresponding with suppliers, negotiating prices, delivery, special conditions, etc
- Calculating and recording the cost of transactions
- Set selling pricing levels, volume offers etc to ensure adequate margins are achieved.
- Following market pricing in order to ensure are procured at the most competitive terms
- Liaising and co-ordinating efforts with fellow colleagues to develop business through sourcing of products.
- Developing a sustainable growth strategy through product differentiation
- Visiting suppliers and fairs overseas
- Carrying out any other task which may be reasonably required of him in his position
- To report on activities undertaken
Required knowledge, skills, attitude:
- Focused on client service
- Team player
- Adaptable and flexible
- Able to excel in challenging environments and situations
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Superior communication and negotiation skills
- Decision-making skills
- The ability to work to deadlines
Although the position is office based in Malta, it will entail regular travel overseas
An excellent package will be offered to the selected applicant