Port & Marine Assistant
Our client a leading Shipping Agency requires an additional person for their Port Operations Dept as a Port and Marine Assistant
Main purpose of the role:
Is to work as an integral part of the Operations team to ensure that cargo operations are organised, planned and executed with maximum efficiency as directed by the Manager. This is a Junior position so full training will be given. Duties will include:
- Directing and coordinating the loading and unloading of ships, working closely with Terminal Operations Officials
- Performing checking/collating duties on the quay of ‘Transhipment’ cargo, as directed by the Assistant Head and or Head of Department.
- Maintaining constant contact with the vessel’s Chief Officer to ensure sailing deadlines are met
- Handling details of export bookings and related operational documentation and ensuring that all official documentation is obtained and is in order
- Providing administrative support to the office by handling reports and carry out various office day to day duties.
- Checking incoming invoices to ensure conformity to services provided.
- Providing support to the Manager and the Operations Dept. ensuring that work behaviour and performance standards are achieved.
- Performs any relevant duties as required.
Personal Skills and Attitude Required to perform the Role:
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Responsive to client needs.
- Experienced in the delivery of customer service – able to communicate effectively with people of all levels, clearly and with courtesy.
- Computer literate and apply to adapt to the use of various internal software.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Capable of working on own initiative without direct supervision.
- Prepared to work flexibly according to the needs of the role and schedules, including weekends, evenings, nights and Public Holidays.
- Ideally applicants will be fluent in English Italian & Maltese
- A valid Driving License is a must
Working Conditions and Environment:
The role holder will be required to work at the terminal, on board vessels and in the main office and site offices.