PA to CEO
PA to CEO
The main function of the is position is to provide executive support to the CEO of a
diversified group of companies. The position involves interaction at all levels within the
companies and access to sensitive and confidential information necessitating considerable
use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- To perform required preparation and research to produce briefing materials and information on all significant matters which require the CEO’s attention.
- To organise meeting and prior to Company meetings a file containing Minutes of previous meeting, Agenda for the meeting and Reports / Presentations / Feedback to Actions due in meeting.
- To chase, review and be familiar with any reports required
- To manage the timely completion of special ad hoc projects as assigned by the CEO
- To act as the office gatekeeper, ensuring that calls and visitors are directed to the correct key people within the organisation and that such calls and visitors are handled in a highly professional manner, thus leaving them with a positive first impression of the Company.
- To assist in handling an active calendar of appointments and ensuring that the CEO’s schedule is managed in the most efficient and effective manner. Also, to plan coordinate and ensure that the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected
- To prepare and make any necessary travel plans, dinners or more elaborate events.
- Preparing correspondence on behalf of the CEO be it by e-mail or snail mail, which might sometimes be of a confidential nature.
- To maintain and update the office filing system and respective database. This includes electronic filing of documents. To ensure that important documents such as contracts, certificates, etc are saved in both hardcopy and softcopy.
- Where necessary, to assist in preparing and serving refreshments for guests attending meetings with the CEO.
- To support the CEO in maintaining relationship with Business Partners / Agents / Franchisors, etc.
The ideal person for this position is someone who can think on their feet, enjoys providing true support to their boss, is organised, has a fair amount of business acumen and can truly work on their own initiative whilst being part of a highly motivated management team