Working as part of a team within a group of companies The Accountant will report to the Chief Financial Officer/Financial Controller and will ensure that all postings are accurate and up to date and all tasks are carried out that will allow management and final accounts to be issued in a timely manner.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares monthly management accounts in a timely and accurate manner;
- Liaises with banks, auditors, other service providers;
- Assists in the audit field-work of the Group;
- Manages income tax and VAT submissions;
- Participates in internal projects, as assigned by senior management;
- Ensures that the day-to-day activities of the Finance Department are running smoothly;
- Liaises with the department Head, as necessary;
- Prepares timely monthly reports and monthly graphical reports of company and departmental performance;
- Reviews bank reconciliation
- Maintains a professional approach at all times when representing the company with creditors, debtors, financial and legal institutions;
- Performs other duties, as may be reasonably assigned from time to time by senior management.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting (achieved or in the process of achieving the qualification)
- Auditing experience within a Big 4 company will be considered an asset.
- Experience in internal audit will be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation and with staff at remote locations.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Team Player.
- Proficient in Excel and Accounting software.
A competitive salary will be in line with qualifications, experience and skills brought to the table
Free medical insurance
You must sign in to apply for this position.